Dark Circles Lightened
Although dark circles under eyes usually aren't a sign of exhaustion or serious illness, they can make you look old, tired and unhealthy.
Some of the most common causes of dark circles:
- Sun exposure, which prompts your body to produce more melanin, the pigment that gives skin its color
- Thinning skin and loss of fat and collagen — which make the reddish-blue blood vessels under your eyes more obvious
- Smoking and drinking alcohol and caffeinated sodas
- Nasal congestion (which dilates and darkens the veins that drain from your eyes to your nose)
- Pigmentation irregularities — these are a particular concern for people of color, especially blacks and Asians
- Heredity — dark under-eye circles can run in families
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
Ageless Remedies Medical Spa has several prescriptive grade skin care lines that feature products to treat dark circles and puffiness under the eyes. Improvement to the eye area has also been seen with Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing.
More information on Dark Circles Under the Eyes Treatments:
Skin Care Products for Eyes